Ty Trapps, our latest CAmm intern, is a student at Capital College in Laurel, MD. Learn more about Ty, and take a look at some of the many projects she has worked on below!
1. What's the last movie you loved and what was the last movie you hated?
The last movies I loved were “The Kids Are All Right” and the “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” and the last movie I hated was “Sex and the City 2”.
2. What's your guilty pleasure movie or TV show?
“Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle”.
3. What kind of films do you make?
Documentary, dark comedy and music videos. I shot and edited a film this summer in California called “Black Rollers” about the African-American skateboard community in San Francisco and L.A. I also recently produced and directed films for the Baltimore 48 Hour Film Festival and the 29 Days Later Film Festival.
4. How'd you get into filmmaking?
I spent a lot of time at the movie theater growing up (only child syndrome!) and I always studied what I liked and didn’t like about the movies I watched and thought how I could make it better. I think the backlot tours at MGM Studios and Universal in Florida helped too.
5. What's your fave piece of gear?
Video camera, I like shooting.
6. Why did you decide to do an internship at Creative Alliance Movie Makers? What projects have you been working on here?
I started to come for the screenwriters meetings and really liked the vibe of the place. I also wanted to get more experience in filmmaking. I just started here, but my first project is a short commercial for the Camm Cage.
Vamps Before Tramps (48 Hour Film Project):